Friday, October 29, 2010

r+r= evil!?

So, I told my PT today how it has gotten so busy that I have had to plan ahead to get some mega-rest on Wednesday, and she was not happy.  No, she wasn't unhappy because I can't rest 'til then, but basically displeased that sleeping extra is a method for pain relief for me at all.

She basically said that when the pain gets to a ten, I should work out. 

Really?  Honestly, maybe when she tweaked her back (the example she gave), doing pilates made it magically heal, but I work out all the time when it hurts around a "7-8" and, while it does feel better while doing it, I always ALWAYS hurt worse afterward.  Well, maybe not worse, but in contrast to virtual livable pain relief during the work out, the flush of the high level pain back into my system is terrible.

I was just super irritated.  Quite frankly, I'm sure my neck is made worse by not getting enough rest, and I think I deserve a day of rest now and again when I've had to put up with a week like this one.  It probably won't help the pain, but it will help me psychologically.  It wears me out putting up with this stuff (how cleverly I avoided cursing).

Plus, I am stressed out about the cost of pain relieving materials right now.  I just spent another $50 at the pharmacy getting Tylenol PMs, hot and cold patches, Head On, and paying my co-pays for prescription pain stuffs.  I want to wear hot and cold patches everyday, because they seem to help a little bit, but that would add up so quickly.  Plus, the PT people want me to get a foam roller and some "bio freeze" gel (like Bengay- I tried some today, but I will not pass judgment 'til I get a full sample and try it out).  Plus the books and ice packs and teas and all this crap.

If only working out was enough and I actually had the time to do it every day.  ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment