Thursday, October 28, 2010

trigger point blues

I think I must have had a bad reaction to the trigger point injections.  Bruising galore along my back and neck where I got them.  Not sure what causes that in particular.  Did she improperly do them, or maybe my pain areas were already weakened?

Anyway, I have had a bad pain week.  Went home from work early on Monday.  Yesterday was a nightmare!  I toughed it out to go to a lecture, and I was in too much pain to care about what he said!  It wasn't super my cup of tea anyway, but I usually like lectures.

Plus, a friend basically told me to come to her for a certain chiropractor's phone number when I "feel like getting rid of the pain."  But I have a muscle condition, which I have said and said again yesterday, so chiropractry will not help (have asked all my drs-- who all agree).  Plus, I don't have any time for it, and my insurance will only cover PT or chiro.  And I've stuck with PT this long...

PTs were irritated because I wasn't working out much.  But how can I work out to decrease pain when it hurts so bad?  I did the bike today, but I might not be able to go time-wise tomorrow. 

What a (wait for it) pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment