Sunday, October 17, 2010

prescriptions

Well, it seems my doctor forgot to call in the refill for my prescription last week, so I am without the pain medication that I take in the morning, until this problem can be remedied.  I will call both my doctor and the pharmacy tomorrow, but, alas, the pharmacy's system is actually down right now.  I've actually tried to call and fill a few other prescriptions that are running low, but I simply hear/read (if I try online) an error message.

I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on this medication until I went today without having taken it.  Not only does my pain hurt worse than yesterday (it hurt pretty terribly then- or is it terrible?  I can never remember the rule with adverbs...), but I feel a bit sick in general.  I know that the medication isn't that strong, but perhaps I'm just on so many medications that any change messes me up.

I'm going to have to muddle through tomorrow anyway.  Maybe I will stash my ice pack in the grad lab freezer for Tuesday night's class.  Although, I don't want to look like I'm going for sympathy.  I guess I can try to hide it with a scarf.

Though, I am also a bit worried that it might get stolen.  Not to be terribly cynical, but the damn thing was at least twenty-five dollars, and all these little pain reducing things add up over time (tea+ books+ co-pays on meds+ice packs+stretching aids+exercise balls+etc.).  Plus, it's pretty large, and I don't want to monopolize all the space in the tiny freezer.

Maybe I should just pick up some "hot and cold" patches?  I hear that they work really well.  I'm just a bit nervous to use any "hot" patches, as I was burnt by the last one I wore :|

No comments:

Post a Comment