Friday, October 29, 2010

pain sprawl

This current pain crisis has been going on forever.  What I mean is, it has hurt something awful consistently all week.  I pretty much feel like I'm going to throw up all the time.

I have PT tomorrow (joy <-- sarcasm).  Maybe they will actually just let me sleep on their ice bed thing for an hour.  I don't want to do the damn exercises when it hurts this badly.  It has been at a consistent "8" (you know how I feel about quantifying pain, but they are going to ask, so I'd better prepare) since Monday.  I had to leave work early on Monday.  I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my meetings tomorrow.

You see, the second one is actually with the disability counselor, so she is pretty much more aware of this condition than anybody.  But then, there are three others, and it was hard to coordinate, so I'd better show up.  Plus, the first meeting is a big group too, and I'm trying to get our meeting the day after Veteran's Day cancelled (it should be anyway, right?).

If I cancel PT the day of, I am fined $50.  So I'd better make it. 

So I have to tough it out from basically 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.  Then, I can go work out and come home and crash.  That is literally the plan.  Of course, then there are two birthday parties this weekend and a homework meeting thing. 

Then we hit Monday, which will be crazy:
7a.m. PT appointment
9a.m.-3:30 work
3:30-4:30 post human migration group readings
4:30-5:30 human migration research group
5:45-6:45 work out
7:30-9:00 Japanese

The good news is that I'll actually have time to work out, plus the gap between PT and work means I can get a coffee.  But still, I just want to find some time to sleep all day long.  Tuesday will be even worse too:
9-3:30- work
3:30-5:30 colloquium
5:45-10 class

Notice how there is one fifteen minute break all day?  Well, I guess I do have a lunch break- hurrah.  Unless I have to go to the class I'm grading for.  Fingers crossed!  Plus, I can't miss class,  because we are facilitating a session with the first years.

So, the big plan will be to go to my 7a.m. PT appointment on Wednesday, work out, and go home and sleep all day.  So, just have to make it through the next five days. 

Oh, and did I mention the pharmacy forgot to refill my anti-depressants?  Awesome timing, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment