Monday, October 25, 2010

busy weekend= quarter's first pain crisis!

Wow, it all hasn't hurt this bad in a while.  I'm sure there are many factors, such as getting trigger point injections Friday, studying for the GRE, taking the GRE, grading midterms, sitting at computer at work, and not working out for a few days. 

Anyway, it is annoying, because I think I may have to miss the wonderful RDG Kelley speak at UW.  I'm a huge fan of his work (as of today, but nonetheless), and am quite sad at the idea.  But I think I won't be able to handle it. 

I'm going to see if I can just lay on a bunch of ice pads tomorrow at PT.  We did that for ten minutes before, and it helped for a bit.  If I do it for the whole hour appointment, I think it will help even more.  Though be amazingly unpleasant.

Speaking of unpleasant, trigger point injections.  Oh my.  My dr. felt confident that I may not need them at next month's appointment, but I really am not feeling it.  Don't feel I could survive without them, despite their massive hurting.

Keep looking for pain retreats.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Ahhh...  Though, I imagine they cannot really be retreats FROM pain so much as retreating BECAUSE of pain.  As in hiding.  Bother.

2 comments:

  1. Hydrocodone prescribed to me, some months ago that I take and I do as the doctor instructed me, as I pointed out clearly that it has side effects, perhaps because of this are the symptoms of addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side effects are the worst for pain, I swear. I've had dry mouth for years. Hope you are doing better than me.

    ReplyDelete