Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting Used to It

My back has been a mess these past few days, but I think I must be getting used to the new pain levels because I've managed to make it through working at both work and school.  I've been drinking tea almost nonstop like that must help-- maybe it really does because of the heat on my throat reaching my neck.  But I think it's become more of a defense mechanism.

The weather seems to really upset my body.  Whenever it gets really cold and particularly when it snows, I seem to have bad ache days.  But it definitely is worth it to see all that prettiness outside.  You ever notice how the snow seems to glow? 

Anyway, I suppose it is a good thing that I've become more resistant to the pain.  Or, I guess more attuned to it.  But then again, in many other ways it is a bad thing.  If the pain is to be cured, then where will I be?

The entirety of my body's rhythm will be thrown off.  I know that you can go into shock and die from too much pain, but can a similar thing happen as a result of a sudden absence of pain? 

Maybe it will instead feel like the relief of cracking a knuckle.  Or when I crack my neck and the stiffness and ache from stiffness is gone.  Like this whole thing has just been the hydrogen peroxide coming down on the infected cut for a long while, and the healing will be a pure bliss.

Who can say?  Maybe it will never go away anyway.  So, I suppose it isn't worth worrying over.

No comments:

Post a Comment