Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mediation, OR, Would that I had a bullet in my head

Let me just say, there are few things less pleasant than a mediation, when law is involved. The actual car wrecks themselves were probably more pleasant.

Basically you sit around all day. Like 10 hours. Ew. I know that I'm pretty much universalizing my experiences, but I've been told that my mediation was pretty average, length-wise, and my experience with the LAW in general. Safeco was involved and they are a big company. As in everywhere.

They were also the ones to blame for wasting my entire day.

So, the mediator man came in wearing the finest suit I have seen in my entire existence and we spoke about a starting price to settle at with my lawyer. We had to say way higher than we actually wanted- like twice as much!- because it all gets negotiated down.

Then he went to talk with insurance co and their lawyer #1 and insurance co and their lawyer #2 respectively to talk numbers.

They offered way too little, and he came back to renegotiate with my lawyer and I, and we went down a smidge.

This continued all day. Safeco was pretty harsh, I must say. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say legally, so I'll just end with the note that it all took forever and I will never ever ever insure with Safeco.

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment