Monday, January 25, 2010

Four Long Years!

It took me four long years to settle all of this nonsense. Finally I have my settlement. I bought a Wii with a bit of it and all the rest into a fancy schmancy savings account at the credit union. It's exciting- I've been saying I'd get a Wii with a bit of the settlement for a long while and finally it has come true! It is a very fun system, but probably not wonderful for my back, actually.

The trouble is, I've been telling people that I got this gaming system on account of settling, and people ask questions-- just not the right ones! I think people think I'm just some jerk who sued somebody just to get money, but really it is compensation for being in pain all the time. Sometimes, people ask me about the pain but I think I'm not whiny enough about it. No one wants the drama but I also think it should be recognized that I didn't just bring it up to be whiny in the first place!

I keep not wanting to be dramatic when I get migraines in class, so I tough it out without sunglasses. It's really dramatic to wear sunglasses in class. But then, maybe I should stop worrying about being perceived as a silly thing and worry instead about how I feel!

Invisible disabilities are rough. I don't want people to think I'm faking. Or exaggerating. It hurts. All the time! Just because I've gotten better at toughing it out, doesn't mean the pain itself has decreased or anything.

Plus, I've been having a nasty reaction to Vicodin. I took it a bit this weekend on account of bad pain but it is the worst thing in the universe. I should remember that it is even worse than pain! Honestly, it makes me insanely paranoid-- I will make sure to tell the story at some point about my hyperparanoia.

Low mood!

P: 7
M: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment