Thursday, October 22, 2009

What to do, what to do?

What is there to do about such great pain mixed with a work and school life? How much can I talk about the condition without becoming known as a "whiner"? How much do people know about chronic pain? Should I try to start a support group on campus? But then you have to go to training... ew.

Apparently it is Disability Awareness Month. Consider yourself "aware." There's also going to be some mini-documentaries shot about kids on campus with disabilities. I kinda just volunteered, but maybe they won't want me. I guess we'll see? Not sure if I really have the time to work on this project anyway, but maybe it will help with the whole "healing/dealing" process.

Seeing my "Capstone Adviser" (no more air quotes- have hit quota)on Tuesday, who is one of the profs in my class (yes, singular- I don't feel like explaining but let it be known that I am very busy with this class). I don't know if I feel comfortable talking candidly about how much pain I'm in all the time, because I really really really don't want to sound like a self-pitying little thing. But I also need someone to talk to about this problem and, being my adviser, it ought be him. Right? "Of course, right" (those aren't air quotes- I'm actually quoting from Fiddler on the Roof).

It must be obvious to some degree though. I went to the bathroom and got a paper towel then doused it in cold water and put it on my neck during class today (was that sentence as messy as it sounded in my head?). But I tried to be discreet about it. But should I? Gah!

I don't know how secret I should be about it, or if anyone really cares and I'm just being ridiculous. But then, if they don't care, then I think they should be more aware of this problem. It is a stressful thing!

Well, I guess I'll just plow into the meeting and tell you (hrm or me, because I don't think anyone reads this) how it goes. Cheers!

<3

P: 8
M: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment