Friday, October 9, 2009

Partners against pain

I saw a commercial for this organization, Partners Against Pain, on TV tonight. I have never heard of this group, but they appear to work to help people with chronic pain (like meee!). Naomi Judd was in the advertisement (and she looked great, BTW). So, let's find out more about this thingy.

Website is: http://www.partnersagainstpain.com/

From the Purdue website (apparently they started PAP... worst initials ever...):
Partners Against Pain® is a resource that serves patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to help alleviate unnecessary suffering by advancing standards of pain care through education and advocacy.

In 1993, to raise awareness of the importance of pain management, Purdue Pharma L.P. established Partners Against Pain®, an alliance of patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers dedicated to pain management education and advocacy.

-- I'll look this site over more in the future but for now, I wanted to let you know that this sort of thing is out there! I am very excited because I feel like there aren't any support groups or much support at all for my condition. It's hard to go through alone!!!

P: 7
M: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment