Friday, October 9, 2009

¡Happy Pills!

Yes, yes, I have succumbed to the glory of artificial joy. My psychologist recommended it months ago, so really I haven't been on the ball, but my goodness I'm on a lot of medications now- even though I weened myself off of the pain killers (none of any kind for three weeks now! That includes stopping Vicodin. feel empowered and in pain hrm...). They add up, you know? And it would be nice to take something to help me sleep when I'm in pain too, but that'd be too risky, and I hear those are super addictive.

So, I have begun taking Cymbalta, which works both for depression and pain from things like diabetes and fibromyalgia. I take this tiny pill two times a day, and it should help the pain a little bit (but I didn't know it would... I guess I am taking something for the pain medicine-wise then :( ) along with the pain-based depression. Who DOESN'T get depressed when they're in pain anyway?

I don't know how it'll work, if at all, yet, but I will be sure to keep you updated. I just worked out so this hyperactivity cannot be attributed to the medicine yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment