Sunday, November 21, 2010

Terrible Pain Day

I'm really starting to think that alcohol does help with pain.  At least temporarily.  I was pretty tipsy all last night, and I was okay with the bad pain.  But then I was perfectly sober all day today, and it was rotten.  Serious pain situation right now.  But I'm going to have to tough it out tomorrow.  So here's hoping (once again) for snow.

It is a short week, so it is more or less just me toughing it out for work the next few days, plus PT tomorrow morning and Wednesday morning.  I'll need to make sure to get to the gym, though I find it never helps during a pain crisis, only with general pain management.

The worst thing about PT is that you have to cancel 24 hours in advance or you get a $50 fine.  So if I'm in a pain crisis, I have to suck it up and go in (where they make me work out no matter how bad it hurts, sadists) or pay the damn fifty bucks.  But today is Sunday, so they are closed, and I can't cancel for tomorrow.  Plus, I sure as hell didn't get up at 7:45 a.m. on a Sunday following a party.

I should be writing some poetry to actually better consider the implications of the pain-filled body, but the trouble is, the more pain I'm in, the less I want to think about anything.  It is hard enough to consider surviving the night-- sometimes, it feels like I will just slip away from the pain.

Anyway, better get to sleep so I can get up at 7 for PT.  I really should get up half an hour earlier, but I'm not going to.  They don't fine you for being late (yet).  There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment