Friday, November 19, 2010

My Eye Hurts

The trouble with trigger point injections, day one, is that you have numbness and massive migraine-like (i.e. behind eye, light and sound sensitivity, wanting to burrow under you blankets and die-ness) switching back and forth.  I feel fine and think it's over, then suddenly I have to go diving under the covers because the light is burning my eyes.  Right now, I ache all over.  I got an injection in my bicep on my left side too, and it hurts all the way down the arm.

It did not hurt as much when she was giving the injections this time.  Except the one into my arm.  That one hurt all through my arm.  It felt like she was making my muscle take in liquid past capacity, and it was going to explode.  Really hurt.  The others weren't pleasant, but a lot less UNpleasant.  Which is something, I suppose.

Plus, for once she didn't leave the room (for fifteen minutes!) while I changed from a shirt to a hospital gown (which is really unnecessary in itself).  I really am not THAT shy about a woman doctor seeing me in my bra.  And anyway, she turned around.  And I think I posted earlier about how this whole process has made me a lot less self-conscious about nudity and all that (and all what?  really?  am I seducing my doctors, no).

Also, I found out that my PT really did mess up my left shoulder.  Week before last, one of the PTs had me doing whatever their calleds where you pull straps down from over your head to about chest level (weights are on both side on floor).  Anyway, I kept feeling this kinda snappy sensation in my shoulder, somewhat like the cracking of a knuckle or better yet your jaw.  Well, I asked her about it, and she said not to worry, it was just the joint, and keep going.

Well, my doctor told me today that it was not my shoulder (she pointed out where shoulder joint stopped and shoulder muscle began) joint cracking, but my muscle, which is a sign of overstress.  So that's one of the reasons the pain has been so bad lately.  Plus, she also says I need to focus MORE on stretching and LESS on strengthening, which is opposite of what they are saying at PT.

I'm going to go with her opinion, on account of she was recommended by my primary care dr., and he always knows what he is doing.

Suffice to say, the Mandy is pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment