Thursday, November 18, 2010

busy busy busy

Last weekend, my pain was pretty bad on account of I had so much to do (long weekend= how much work can I get in?).  Anyway, this weekend will be crazy too.  On account of midterms number two for the class I'm TAing.  80 students.

I know that may not sound like a lot to you, but I went to a small Catholic school for undergrad, and the max I have in class for grad is 18 (i.e. the whole cohort).  Class sizes at Seattle U were tiny in my program, because it was new (Asian Studies- one other person from the program graduated with me).  In one class, there were six people (actually... in two classes).  The biggest class I have ever been in was about 30 students.  So this is a big class.  The prof speaks with a mic.

Anyway, it is also bigger when it comes to grading.  Because it takes forever.  I spent almost five hours grading yesterday, and that was just a one page response (I make comments... because they pay for a top grade education, and they deserve notes... even if no one reads them, as evidenced by the same error by the same student in every paper in about half the cases.. sob).  I expect that grading the midterms (to be fair, I am only grading the ten identification questions, but it took me all weekend last time) will take at least ten hours.  My back already hurts.  So let's see where this goes.

Side note, the point of me making this blog separate from my other one was to create a space to bitch and moan in.  So those few of you who suddenly found my blog and started judging, please leave.  Seriously, I did not start writing this thing for fame but for THERAPY.  Real therapy got too expensive and time consuming.  There you have it.

I do not want to leave the house tomorrow.  Please snow please snow.  Am not looking forward to more trigger point injections.  They hurt so bad last time.  And then I had the GRE, so there's all that terrible association.

Anyway.  No more whining.  Must finish Nanowrimo words for day.  If you don't know it, look it up.  Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment