Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Pain

It's weird, but when the pain changes, even a little, everything feels a lot worse. The past few weeks have seen some of the worst pain I've experienced in a long while. One of the reasons is this strange shift in pain. Most of it just sits in my neck and shoots up to sit just above my ears and in my head. At some point, it will make it far enough and hit my eyes. I'm worried about having another migraine- I've only had a few but it always comes from these neck aches.

Another pain support group has opened up in the area- for chronic migraines. So far there haven't been any meetings yet, but I'm looking forward to attending if I can. Lynnwood, the location of these meetings, is much more convenient than the Seattle location of the other group. I hope that something is scheduled soon- it would be nice to be able to talk with someone.

Going back to religion again, I found a Patron Saint of Protection and Cures from Pain- Saint Madron. From Godchecker.com:

ST MADRON: The Patron Saint of Cures from and Protection against Pain

Cornish Saint with a village and a Holy Well bearing his name.

The well is recommended for the cure of chest complaints, nightmares and rickets if certain rituals are followed. These seem to be more Pagan than Christian.

Still, with hospital waiting lists getting longer in Britain it could be worth a try. One tried and tested tip is to leave a small piece of fabric from your clothing at St Madron's Well; your illness will dwindle away as the cloth deteriorates.

Of course there is no guarantee if you choose to wear man-made fabrics, and nylon is a definite no-no.

Apart from its fascinating wells, Cornwall is also well known for breathtaking coastal scenery, tin mines, cream teas and delicious pasties. Why not choose Cornwall for your vacation this year?

-- this makes me want to go back to England and at least try. If I can make my way to Ireland to study abroad, I'm sure that I could get to this place in England. I suppose it's just silly and superstitious, but if there is no scientific cure, what else have I left to depend on? I have water from the river Jordan, where Jesus was baptized. Would it make any difference if I drank it?

Enough silliness. I've found an acupuncturist in Bothell- hopefully that will work. Massage again, which never works. And a cortisone shot coming up. Will try some more classes- make sure to get up early enough to go to Tai Chi on Saturdays and perhaps begin yoga again.

Bengay seems to help- I must depend on it more. Will smell strangely forever. Enough self-pity as well!

P: 8
M: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment