Monday, February 1, 2010

A Brain Wider than the Sky

So the book came in today. I read a teeny bit of it, though I need to get myself to bed. Honestly, if I want to get 6.5 hrs sleep, I really need to leave myself 9 hrs to be in bed, at the very least. I suppose I probably never get that much sleep though, on account of waking up so many times. Well, I have a genius plan tonight, which is to drink enough wine to knock myself out. Hrm, at some point, I will need to talk about alcohol and pain.

By the by, after that rant against Vicodin last night, I still took it at about 2AM to get myself past a hard wave. It is insanely hard to wake up afterward though! Today was rough, but I am randomly optimistic- tomorrow will be better.

Anyway, one of the things Andrew Levy has talked about so far is the switching of beds when a migraine is coming on. I don't get migraines that often, thank goodness, but I always have bad pain when I go to bed. Well, Levy talks about switching beds with his 4-year-old. When my pain gets really bad, I sneak into my mom's bed (yes, I live at home. I didn't work for a while on account of the pain, and I don't want to have to stress about losing my job from the pain either!). Somehow, just the change of bed seems to help. Plus, her electric blanket (purr).

It made me feel nice to know that I'm not the only one. I'll also lay on the ground or the couch sometimes. The ground when it's so bad I know I can't do anything. The couch is an act of desperation before that. Momma's bed is the step above that. There you have it.

Much love!

P: 6
M: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment