Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Low Point

I've gone from angry to bitter today. It's an ugly thing to see, but I hope I've contained it well. It isn't fair to compare one person's personal tragedy to your own, especially knowing that there are lots of people out there who have it worse. You can't put everything in perspective either. I guess it's a matter of accepting that you only can live in your own skin.

Anyway, I'm still bitter so you'll have to excuse my lack of empathy.

It's just listening to someone bitch and moan about their own sad story, using words like "bitch and moan" that are biased against the subjects within the tale. When you listen to someone tell their history so obviously from their own perspective and not empathizing with the other characters at all- making those against them out to be enemies, villains, evil creatures, when you know that they're just people. You can feel the subjectivity to the nth- becoming certain that there's more to the story that somehow makes the teller appear as less than poor Wort pulling Excalibur from the stone. Trying to make a legitimate "poor me" weep out of a molehill.

I wonder sometimes if it's because I feel like I've got such a short stick in this life. I've been in terrible pain for four years straight and I'm only 22. I feel such a connection with people so long as it's not face-to-face. I know that I am extremely judgmental, especially of men, and I don't know what to do when a person comes to me in sorrow for something I find petty. I guess "petty" is the worst possible word choice - I mean, when I think it's not something to get worked up over. And people seem to get so upset over such tiny things-- but I must remember that they are only tiny to me.

I feel like my life is such a tale of sorrow, but I know I am lucky. I keep thinking of this scene in Saved!

Roland: I fell out of a tree when I was nine.
Hilary Faye found me.
She calls it the miracle that saved my life.

Cassandra: The miracle you could've used
would've been not falling out of
the tree in the first place.
Anyway.

P: 6
M: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment