Friday, December 3, 2010

Magicks

Well, today I experienced something I haven't yet in nearly five years of pain relief therapy- a quick cessation of pain.  I've been in quite terrible pain this week, such that I couldn't do anything, not even read, listen to music, or watch TV.  I basically drank Nyquil and tried to sleep it off.

Anyway, I went to PT today and the PT assistant did some magicks on me.  She massaged and ultra-sounded my neck and shoulders for half an hour, and I left the appointment with quite a manageable amount of pain.  It was decreased by half.

Of course, now I've still got the post-terrible pain exhaustion and the ghost of awful pain (I'm sure it's got a name, and I'll look it up at some point, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not sure I can explain it).  Almost through the quarter though, so I should hopefully have a chance to heal and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment