Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tension headaches

Ah ha- apparently recent crazy pains are from tension headaches-- really bad ones!  Apparently, tension headaches are actually a lot like migraines (I thought they were really different >.<) except that they aren't caused by chemicals but muscle tension.  And I've got a whole lot of that.  So that's why I've been all super painy and puking and hiding out in dark, quiet caves.

The dr. gave me a new medication to take when these headaches start.  It is supposed to take them away within a few hours.  That is much better than being in bed for a week crying and puking from pain, and throwing all the kitties out because they are too noisy (and bright? O.o).

Also, I asked the dr. about all the crazy prescriptions I'm on- and he said, and I quote: "Things would be a lot worse if you stopped taking them."  Basically, if I stop any pain meds, my pain levels are going to get crazy.  Comforting thought.  But, anyway, they definitely are NOT increasing my pain levels. 

I am seeing Dr. Ren next week, and will also call to make the appt. with new acupuncturist tomorrow.  Oh!  And dr. said not to go to PT again until I see Dr. Ren, because they made the pain so much worse last week (not the first time...). 

There.  I have updated.  Feeling very powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment