Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Letting Go of Higher Power

Letting Go of Higher Power-

Backsliding

the miraculous nature of turning
Sobriety
into darkness

Gratitude arises
I could trick him into thinking that I believe in him
affirming "now something wonderful will happen"

God has stripped me down
my energy has shifted
fallen

I can hardly believe how angry I am

the storm (metaphorically and literally)
overflowing

I release everything I have
chosen to accept
my ego asserts

I am still scared

I had the illusion that I
wasn't controlling
resisting
what I do not want

I have dreams

my future
a mixed
blessing

it might be disastrous.

mobility
“disabled”
powerless over my pain

motions of life
my pain is a distraction
and
solitude frequently a blessing

pain

cry about it

That's the truth for now.


Using 126 words from
fellow chronic pain sufferers
posted online. 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment