Thursday, June 17, 2010

Knowing what hell is

tying up my bodied lusts
"sin," you say, "hate the sin."
screaming orgasms of religious manifestation
the look
that look on her face
That Sibyl of the Rhine
lock ourselves away in walls
then ( don't you see ? ) then
the presence will give us pleasure

"confess," you say, "confess it all
"confess away your sin"
without my sin, I'll be placed under a jar
labelled
stored away in a cupboard
my sexuality on display
a Hottentot Venus
"look at that clitoris,"
they will say,
"there's the perversion!"

hysterical woman
thinks she's a man
lusts like a man
lock her away
take her pen and pencil and Crayola crayons
file down her nails and her teeth
she will not bleed her ink
A bed cannot contain me
as all my she-lovers know
"I've got out at last"
"I've pulled off most of the paper, so you can't put me back!"

 And my body becomes an amputated thing
For a male body in pain
must be the soldierly result
of trench warfare
when the French corporal
shoots off his own hand

I would be that man

But a woman in pain
How boring
From between her legs comes the hurt
For all her life
Sex beginning with pain
so much blood for so many years
childbirth
and all those headaches
bed rest, let her have it
accepting bad sex
how often asked what lesbians do
how often I know a bad lover of women

that place between my legs
will be a place of pain
but I will caress it into pleasure
when the priest's back is turned

and you that condemn me to hell
you think I'm afraid
after five years
five years
of having my liver ripped from my body
by the great bird

no

if only it were so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment