Saturday, June 26, 2010

Seeing the Dr.

I saw my (primary care) doctor again today to speak with him about the hallucinations.  Sunday night/Monday morning was the third time I've had hallucinations.  The first time, I had recurring visions of a main poised over me with a knife, and I would throw myself away from him, hurting myself.  The second time, which I did not mention to my doctor due to content, I imagined a man chasing me to rape me.  I hid in the bathroom.  This past time, I saw men in a loud machine trying to break into the house.  I suppose that means I've been reading too much steampunk and taking too much Vicodin.

In any case, I've been told I can have no more Vicodin, for now.  Apparently, this is the worst of side effects short of actual death or coma.  So let's see when the withdrawal kicks in.

I've been referred to a third back doctor- a woman this time.  And I am told to try another acupuncturist- one my doctor has recommended. 

Now, not only will I have a list of things I've tried, but a list of things I've tried more than once.  And I'll have to come downtown once a week, at least.

How will I pull that off when school starts again?

I can't use heatpads, because the last one burned me so badly.  We've taken pictures, and will send them with a letter to the manufacturer.  I'm not sure what my mom hopes will happen- but I'm hoping that they'll reconsider the warning label on their product- state that this can happen.

So tired and aching.  I don't know what will happen when the pain hits and I can't take anything much.  Let's find out, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment