Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Depression hurts, Cymbalta can help?? Can it?

I've just learned that my anti-depressant, Cymbalta, may be to blame for my inability to sleep and increased anxiety.  Botheration!  Here is the vicious cycle: my neck hurts so I get sad, I take anti-depressants, I can't sleep so my pain gets worse, so I take more anti-depressants, so I sleep even more poorly.  Ugh.  It is annoying because the same things that help me deal with stress (i.e. working out) are the things I have to cut out of my schedule when I get super busy.  So then I get super sore from giving up the thing and from stress.  Oh, these crazy cycles.

I went to see a psychiatrist last week because my depression's been pretty bad- which is very normal amongst folks with CP.  But he is pretty sure that the lack of "phase 3 and 4" sleep is what mostly causes my sadness and extra hurt.  So we are trying sleeping pills.  I really need to update my medications list...

I've also been sick and ducking out of seeing my acupuncturist.  Which means my pain has stopped spreading and being all fibromyalgia versus myofascial pain syndrome-y.  I scheduled to see her Friday though- here's hoping it'll help!

Also need to call my pain dr to set up an appt.  And make an appt to start PT again at some point.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment