Monday, March 21, 2011

Road Trip

Well, I guess this long drive went better than others, but it was much shorter.  We drove from Seattle to Portland on Saturday, then back Sunday.  It's only three hours or so, but really any length hurts my neck.  Trying to prevent massive pain (like last time-- with the vomiting and what not), I used this handy neck pillow from Rick Steves:

To be brief- it did not work.  The pillow looks like it goes all the way around with padding, but there is actually ZERO padding on the back of the neck, where I wanted it most!  In the picture, you can see a big pad on the part of the pillow closest to us, which is basically all the padding the pillow has.  There is a TINY bit of padding on the opposite side, but that basically ends up under your chin.  If anything, I'd say this pillow did more harm than good, as it causes you to twist your neck trying to get comfortable and rest somehow.  Lame.

On the plus side, we stayed at the Hilton, and their pillows are amazing.  Seriously.  I woke up without neck pain for the first time in years.  My mom was clever enough to ask the folks there if there was someplace to buy these glorious pillows, and apparently you can get them at www.hiltontohome.com.  Of course, they are $70 (includes shipping)...  There really is no getting around paying for quality, is there?

Anyway, I have two other travel pillows to try out before going on a plane for Chicago this Wednesday.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment