Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hitting a High

In a bad way.  I just realized the title could be taken to be something happy, which it certainly isn't.  Alas.

So, the terrible thing is that riding in cars, particularly when I am not the driver, is the worst thing for my pain.  We knew this, going on vacation to Bend, Oregon, so we stopped in Portland going and coming for a day.  The trouble is, even broken up, the three plus five hours in the car over the course of two days is a bit like riding one of those bucking bull things at the pub.  My neck wrenched back and forth and I literally threw up.

Now that I'm back, it seems not to be getting any better.  I had PT but that didn't help (I'm not entirely sure it didn't make it worse either).  I took my one of my "just for emergencies" pills, and it made me crazy woozy, but didn't help the pain at all.  I went to the gym, and the pain went away so long as I was killing myself working out, but it came back immediately after I stopped.

Have PT again tomorrow (twice a week- ugh).  I guess the best thing would be to try to schedule another trigger point session with my doctor.  But then there's the driving.  And the bus is even worse.  I feel bad for not being green, but I honestly can't take riding the bus anymore.  The constant stop and go kills me.

Guess I'll just suck it up and go to the doctor again.  Maybe go in for another massage, but damn that hurts worse than the injections. 

Enough of the whining.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment