Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Play About Pain

I'm thinking of doing a play for my capstone (thesis-esque master's thing).  Interview five women repeatedly- coffee table conversation-like.  Use these interviews plus research plus coded blog entries to do a play.  Interweaving them to show the experience of pain.  Somewhat.  An attempt, anyway.

Maybe a series of monologues?  I would like to do a piece on "music I can't listen to anymore" about loudness high pitched ness and so on.  Death metal.  I used to like death metal.  And playing the flute.  The upper register though.  What can you do with migraines?

I threw up from a headache this weekend.  Doesn't usually happen unless I've got a migraine.  Not sure how that's going to play out.  New thing?

Anyway, I'm thinking Laramie Project-esque.  Also Vagina Monologues.  Maybe a series of vignettes tied in with the lives of a few key figures I've been focusing on- Nietzsche, Beethoven, Virginia Woolf.  There has to be someone who's not White (no offense, but I'm worried about this-- need some "research subjects" of color).

A long poem was suggested as well.  Anyway, I'll layer in theory.  You've seen some of it, if you've been reading.  I need to read some more.  I need copies of Virginia Woolf's diaries and letters. 


Here, an article on famous migraine sufferers.

Miguel de Cervantes?  I could definitely tie him in.  Lewis Carroll.  Van Gogh.  Nietzsche, again.

So many possibilities.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment